Wednesday 11 February 2015

Murky

A murky old day today, though staying dry except for some wisps of drizzle now and again. The woodpecker was drumming again this morning. It really is very loud; he's not far away, but I can't see him, though I think I see a branch in the large oak to the back of next door that seems to have had a fair bit of woodpecker attention.

I've moved some of the feeders around today, in the hope that this will limit the impact of the blackcap, which has been successfully keeping most birds away from the main feeding station for almost two weeks now. The immediate impact has been to reduce the number of birds visiting by quite a way - they'll need to get used to the new arrangement, I suppose. Mind you, a local cat stationed itself on our shed for a while - I think he just watches the birds, he doesn't seem to make any attempt at stalking or pouncing, but of course it won't help!

I did see, briefly, a collared dove today, though: it fluttered down, and fairly quickly fluttered away again. They've been missing from our garden for a couple of weeks, till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment