Tuesday 17 February 2015

Another Heron

I was away from home for most of yesterday, and had no chance to post a report, but, having seen a heron standing on the verge by the main road the other day, I had a repeat of that experience (different location, therefore presumably different heron) yesterday. This one was more readily spooked, and flew slowly across in front of me, looking rather prehistoric as herons always do (to me, anyway).

I wonder what is so interesting on the roadside verge? I'm guessing ditches, and therefore perhaps frogs, perhaps frogspawn (not sure whether herons take frogspawn, but there do seem to be some sightings).

Today, the garden is very busy, and we have had a band of maybe eight long-tailed tits on the feeders.  On Sunday we had just two, but clearly some at least are still in winter groups. The robins have clearly paired up, however - though there is a third interloper, and therefore some fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment