Tuesday 24 March 2015

Samaritan

A poem I've been working on :-

I felt sad for a moment or two
today.  And the weight of it was pulling me down,
closing me off from the blue skies,
with my dark and desperate imaginings beginning to
feed off each other.  When it gets like that
I feel myself trapped in the vortex,
pulled down into a black hole, I am lost
to the light.  But today the fall was for
only a moment, until
somebody smiled who didn’t need to, and
their hand was placed upon my shoulder just for an instant
and at just the right time;
and so a small but necessary
miracle was enabled.  Like the man
on the Jericho road, I felt myself
taken to a safe place,
helped back onto my feet, amazed and delighted
to find the sun still shining.  My thank you goes
to someone I do not know, and
will likely as not never see again. Probably
you do not even know what it was you did,
but that is in the nature of
good Samaritans.

No comments:

Post a Comment