Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Further Thought on Celandines

I've spent half a day gardening today, and it's been lovely, with bird song all around and some real warmth in the sun, so long as I kept out of the wind.  Celandines are beginning to open out in earnest and, as always, it's a delight to see them. Except when they're taking over a bed I'm trying to weed: then they are tiresome and a nuisance. They take a lot of weeding out, and even then you never quite get all the bulbils, so they're always going to come back!

All of this leaves me with a thought. As with the celandines, so with us - we can be both a delight and a nuisance, it all depends whether we're in the right place at the right time. I think most of the time I do my best to be a help rather than a hindrance, but perhaps at times I need to be more attentive, more aware; and there are also times when you just have to accept that you can't please all the punters all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment