Friday 30 October 2015

At All Saints' Tide

As I shape the memories that have stalked me,
forming them into seasons and stories
I am liberated into relationship.
I learn to persevere, and to walk the hard road,
learn to accept the mirrored face I see.
I am finding my way back - or onward - to yes.

What we pass on is important, it has
a significance we may not realise; while
the stories change as we tell them,
and as they are heard. Our memory
and imagination have a transforming power;
so we see how we might travel on.

A dark place may not always be a bad place;
we are formed by our fractures
and our failures. This is discipleship,
where challenge and gift reach their balance
in my life and in my soul, and where by grace
even in my falling I find fresh hope and power.

And now Emmaus lies ahead, all golden in
the setting sun. Here is where our paths
must diverge, and you will travel on.
But first the bread is broken, and
the cup of wine handed round; for here we are
found and claimed and freed by the yes you speak.



No comments:

Post a Comment